Terms + Conditions
We value the time you have spent on our website and/or in our store and want you to feel confident during your purchasing and browsing process. To ensure your shopping/browsing experience is as easy and problem free as possible please read the following Terms and Conditions.
APPLICABLE LAW + CHANGES TO TERMS
• Applicable law - All purchases made through this website, Girl Meraki and these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
• Changes to terms - Each order is governed by the terms and conditions current when the order is placed. Girl Meraki may add to, delete or otherwise change these terms and conditions without notice. It is your responsibility to read and understand these terms and conditions each time you place an order.
• Girl Meraki reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
PRIVACY, PAYMENT + CREDIT CARDS
• Privacy – Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
• When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
• Payment + Credit Cards - Payment online can be made using a valid credit card or Pay Pal account only.
• If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
RETAIL STORE + ONLINE PURCHASING
• Retail Store / Online Purchasing - It is our aim to attend to your online order as soon as possible. We aim to keep our website as up to date and accurate as possible, however as we are also a retail shopfront, on the rare occasion products may be purchased in store and online at the same time. Should this situation occur we will contact you to inform you that your requested product is no longer available and offer to order in the product for you if possible or for a full refund. Our apologies should this occur to you. If you would like to avoid this situation you may phone the store before proceeding through checkout to ensure your desired products are available.
• Retail Store / Collection - Free store pick up is offered on all purchases and can be selected when checking out. All orders must be collected within 7 days of placing the order unless other arrangements have been made with Girl Meraki prior to purchase.
• Pick up only products – Please note some larger products listed online are only available for store pick up. These are marked as such on each individual products page. If these are added to the cart we will not be able to ship these. They are for pick-up only.
SHIPPING + DELIVERY
• There is a flat rate delivery charge for all orders placed for delivery in Australia, each individual state/area has a specific rate relevant to the distance from Girl Meraki HQ. It is your responsibility to click the correct state/area when finalising your order. Orders over $200 qualify for free shipping within Australia. We do not ship overseas. All deliveries will require a signature to ensure the parcel arrives in the hands of the correct person, this cost is included in the delivery fee.
Larger/heavier items which are able to be shipped will incur a higher delivery cost, in this instance it will be noted in the products description and we will be in contact with you personally to arrange shipping/cost confirm with you for this larger/heavier item.
• We do not dispatch or deliver on weekends or public holidays.
• Standard processing time is 1-3 days.
• Girl Meraki cannot be held responsible for late or failed deliveries for reasons outside our control e.g. third party couriers or in the case of adverse weather conditions.
• Some items, such as heavier items for example may require you to contacts us for a shipping quote. This will be noted on the individual products page. Please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
RETURNS + REFUNDS
• Returns – Change of mind return of goods can be sent to Girl Meraki, 45 Wills Road Woolooware Sydney within 14 days of initial purchase. Please note returned goods for change of mind are not eligible for a full refund, you will receive a credit note to use with us in future. We ask that you notify us prior to returning your goods. The items you choose to return are your responsibility until we receive them. We are not responsible for any returned items that are lost in transit. We recommend that you secure tracking and/or insurance for the items you are returning and keep proof of postage. All return postage costs are at your expense unless the item arrives not as ordered, damaged or is deemed faulty.
• Any returned items must be in original 'new and unused' condition. This requires all original tags and items unused, unworn and unsoiled. We are unable to accept items that are not in original sale condition. Your credit note or exchange will be less the freight charges, we cannot compensate for freight on change of mind returns.
• Refunds - A refund will only apply to your purchase if the goods arrive damaged or faulty. To be eligible for a refund you as a consumer must notify us, Girl Meraki immediately upon receiving the goods. Notification must be made within 3 days of receiving your faulty or damaged goods. You can do this via email email@example.com, please include photos. All return postage costs will also be refunded on return of damaged/faulty goods to Girl Meraki, 45 Wills Road Woolooware. Please note we must deem the product damaged or faulty prior to accepting it as a return. If we do not deem it faulty or damaged and you send the product back to us, this postage cost is at your expense and the product will be returned to you.
GIFT VOUCHERS + CREDIT NOTES
• Gift vouchers – All Gift vouchers issued by Girl Meraki are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. Gift vouchers will not be accepted after the 12 month expiry.
• Credit notes – All credit notes issued by Girl Meraki are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Credit notes will note be accepted after the 6 month expiry.
• Girl Meraki offers a layby system to assist purchasing for customers in store only. Our layby terms are 6 weeks with a required deposit of 20% to secure and start the layby. All products must be collected and paid for at the end of the 6 weeks. We ask that you notify us a day prior to collection of your layby so we can ensure the layby products are in store for you to collect (we often store safely in offsite storage).
• Special Orders/Furniture items that are ordered in to store specifically for a customer can not be refunded. Should you wish to cancel this order you will forfeit the deposit required to place this order.
• Girl Meraki has made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear in our online store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate. All images featured are the property of Girl Meraki, for Girl Meraki use only.
If you have any questions regarding the above Terms and Conditions please contact Girl Meraki on firstname.lastname@example.org.